I know it's been a while since I've posted, and I kind of worry that because I haven't been posting consistently, I've lost my "fan base". Hah!
Oh well-- for those of you who have been faithful enough to hang on and are reading this now, hello! I promise this entry will not disappoint! There's plenty of pictures and all! You know? I'm taking this Composing Personal History class, and let me just tell you, that it has caused something weird to happen to me. The creation and maintenance of this blog has contributed to this weird thing also. I live my life in episodes and blog posts. It's actually really strange. For instance, something will happen to me, and after it happens, I start thinking about how I can write it up into a good story. And what my title would be. And if I posted it on my blog, what pictures could I post with it? It's really weird. Anyway. So on with the blog post. I can't think of much to say because so much has happened that it's almost not worth trying to sort it all out.
Since my last post:
1) Oct. 20: I experienced my first (of the season) Utah Snow. We went out at 2 am to play in it. There were pictures. Maybe I'll post them here?


1a) (because I'm tired of renumbering...) Oct. 26-27: Kyle, Erin, Sawyer, and I took a trip to Idaho to see Megan play in their Halloween concert. It was pretty cool. It was a fun trip. Except for the DQ girl who said sauce cost extra for chicken nuggets and wouldn't tell me how much extra it was. Erin already wrote about that though...




2) Oct. 31: BYU cancelled their Bachelor's of Social Work program. Thank goodness I didn't go that route. I had struggled between that and Psych. and finally went with Psych. Thank goodness.
3) Oct. 31: I went to Erin's house and saw Will dressed up like a cowboy. I met Kyle's girlfriend Alicia and started dating Parker.

3a) Nov. 3: I hosted a roommate reunion at my apartment. It was a heck of a lot of fun.




4) Nov. 10 + 17: I took my students on two service project trips up to Midvale near SLC. We went to The Happy Factory and made toy cars. It was pretty fun. But the place only took 30 students at a time and we did it as a community, so we had 90 students that wanted to go, so we scheduled 3 shifts. I ended up having to drive there and back for one of the shifts. I drove a 15 passenger van, on Utah highways. Could have peed my pants. But we made it there and back safely and the students had fun I think. One fear faced I guess.
4a) Nov. 14: We had "Roommate Vogue Night"... meaning we picked out outfits for each other that were kind of slut-ish and put on lots of make-up and did hair all fancy and took lots of pictures. It was actually a lot of fun!! (I only posted a couple-- and tried to keep roommates out of it, lest they be blackmailed by someone later...haha!)


5) Not Sure When (NSW): I got interviewed for the Daily Universe that was doing an article about Freshman Academy Peer Mentors. The article has yet to be printed. They said soon though...
6) Nov sometime: The Daily Universe printed an article-- they arrested the guy who murdered my mom's roommate at BYU in the 70s, subsequently solving a case more than 30 years old that had recently been reopened. Maybe my mom'll be part of the court hearing?! See what she said about it.
7) Nov. 9: I went to dinner with Mr. Moffat (Parker's dad) and his sister Camille, who's my age. I also went to a Business Portuguese competition that Parker was in.
8) Nov. 12: I attempted to register for classes. I'm going to have to get a new schedule over Christmas Break.
9) Nov. 19: A random girl in the testing center bought me candy for my test (well, quiz) when she saw my signature card lacked funds necessary for what I wanted. I got a 100% on the quiz.
10) Nov. 19: I met Chad, who Megan is dating. Ok, well I met him before. But, I met him again.
11) Nov. 20: I went to a men's basketball game between BYU and University of Hartford. How cool is that?!?!? What are the chances?!
12) Nov. 20: I went in the Glenwood hot tub. Fear #2 and #3 faced: 2) being seen in a bathing suit in public and 3) ignoring the germiness of public hot tubs.
13) Nov. 20: I met Evan's friend Laurel's baby Paul. (that sentence was so grammatically incorrect...)
14) Nov. 21: I made a Pecan Pie.
15) Nov. 22: I had Thanksgiving at my grandma's house in Orem. With all my brothers and sisters except Michael. That was an accomplishment-- we haven't had that many of us together for Thanksgiving in a long time. Parker joined us.
16) Nov. 24: I went to the Utah vs. BYU football game. It was intense. I did NOT storm the field. Hmmm... come to think of it, I still owe Parker for buying my ticket to that game...
17) Nov. 24: I went to a birthday party for Dad at my sister's house.
18) Nov. 26: I celebrated my parents' 30th wedding anniversary at dinner with them and my sister and brother-in-law.
19) Nov. 29: I fell down the stairs from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor of the JKB and bruised myself up pretty bad. I think I was/am internally injured. My left knee still hurts to be turned in any position but straight. That means no Indian-style sitting or tap dancing, in case you were wondering. The bruises are still there. Ouchie. It was painful. A lot.
(Ok, fine. I don't do a lot of tap dancing)
20) Nov. 30: I got free tickets to Christmas Around the World and took Ashley Burton, Katie, Erin, and my cousin Liz with me. Then we went out to Applebee's after. It was fun.
21) Dec. 3: I slipped and fell on ice while walking to campus. Got my pants dirty, but didn't have time to go home to change. I also hit knee that had previously been injured.
22) Dec. 3: I got published in the Daily Universe! ... it was a letter to the editor, but still...
23) Dec. 3: I went to a ward FHE/Christmas Party and won the Gingerbread Making Contest with my roommates. We made the Provo Temple. Covered it in frosting. Stuck a yellow gummy bear on top. Sacrilegious? Maybe. Worth it? Oh yes.
We won a giant tub of ... get this... Jelly Belly Beans. And we all know how much I love those...
24) Dec. 4: Parker and I "ended our relationship" as Facebook put it. Details? Um, no.
25) Dec. 5: I went and paid rent, where, because the line was so long, a brilliant Glenwood employee suggested we just "guess-timate" our rent and put a check in the box. (She failed to mention that if you guesstimate too low, Glenwood will charge you a $25 late fee next month.) Just for the record, I did not do this. But the employee seemed genuinely surprised that no one took her up on it.
26) Dec. 6: My students had their closing community social that I couldn't attend because
27) Dec. 6: I went to a pizza restaurant with my Personal History class. There's only 8 of us so we had class there. It was a pretty rockin' night. Awww... I'm going to miss my CPH class!
28) Dec. 7: I attempted to see "It's a Wonderful Life" with Katie at the library. We had it planned for a month or so and they were showing it free. It was full by the time I got there. Every movie-rental facility within 10 miles of BYU had it checked out. Even Wal-Mart said they were sold out. LAME.
29) Dec. 8: I babysat for Erin and Utah got another snow storm
30) Dec. 8: I had a bad day in general and went home and went for a walk in the snow with Katie 'cuz I wanted to. Some kids drove by in a big SUV, rolled down the window, and threw a gimongous snowball at me and hit me in the general face area. All I could think was "Wow. People/the world suck/s right now."
31) Dec. 10: I performed in my Shakespeare class as part of a scene from 12th Night. It was fun. Reminded me of my old stage days.
32) Dec. 10: I went to FHE and we took family Christmas photos. Awww.
Alright, well I guess that's it. As you can see, not too much has happening, but it's been enough. I started a relationship and ended it. I slipped and fell twice. The Daily Universe printed two stories somehow related to me and are planning to print another one. My nephews are still amazingly wonderful and school is still pretty busy. Life is generally good I suppose.
I need to study my butt off for finals, and then I get to go home and I'm really really excited!!!
I'm going to try to add some pictures so this isn't quite as boring...
-mollie
No comments:
Post a Comment