Dear readers,
I must soon report on the Tale of the Havoc-Wreaking Windshield. But I will wait a couple days hoping for resolution on that one, and move on to this one.
Last night, I got home at about 11, exhausted and needing to go to bed so I could wake up for church at 8.30 in the morning, along with everyone else in my neighborhood. As I was sound asleep, dreaming of sugar plums and all, and enjoying the cool air of the cracked window on my face, I was rudely startled awake by really REALLY loud screaming. Not like "Oh my gosh I'm dying" screaming, but like... umm... "Screaming makes me sound feminine and flirty right?" screaming. This screaming (of several post adolescent girls, though it didn't sound like it) was accompanied by men running away, one of them saying "I told her I would, I told her I would!"
... what in the devil's name is going on out there, you ask? So did I. The screaming finally died down after about 15 minutes, and then all was quiet when I heard "Quack. Quack Quack." What the-- "Quack."?!?!
I finally had to close my window so I could hopefully go back to sleep. The screaming started up again about five minutes later, and I don't know when the quacking ended.
Apparently a group of boys in the ward kidnapped three ducks from the Botany Pond, knocked on the door of the girls' apartment below me, and threw the ducks inside. Causing the screaming. Causing the quacking (the ducks got stuck on the porch at our building for a little while, not knowing where to go).
This might be humorous until you take into account the fact that a) the whole neighborhood had to be up for church at 8.30 and b) this all occurred between the hours of 1 and 2 am, at which point it's highly obnoxious and inconsiderate. Also to the ducks, no doubt.
And let's guess which apartment WASN'T at church this morning while all the rest of us were...
-mollie
5 comments:
Pretty much amazing! That story is hilarious! I have been laughing for awhile now. Anyways, sorry that it ruined your precious sleep... hopefully you'll get more tonight.
PS We NEED to do something for your birthday. I'll call you later this week so we can make plans if you are not too busy.
1. I would have rescued the sad scared, discombobulated ducks when they were lost on the doorstep.
2. Yes Sean, I think we should definitely do something for my birthday. Let me know what plans you've got! ;o)
Well Megan, maybe I could make a teleport machine in my spare time so that Mollie and I could teleport to Idaho to visit you--bringing much joy and gifts. How would that be for your birthday?
That would be absolutely splendid. I look forward to seeing you both!
I'll get to work right away! :)
Post a Comment