
As I was catching up on the news at home, as I am wont to do, I came across this article.
It talks about the storm that came through and suspended play at the TPC for the GHO, or the Travelers' Championship I guess. Anyway. The sky looks pretty menacing, and first of all, I was disappointed that I came back to Provo just two days early to miss a good storm like this. I mean, after all, it rained the whole time I was home and we didn't even get one good thunderstorm, and we leave and this happens.
But that's besides the point. I was reading the article and came across this sentence, which I put in bold.
Article:
Winds of more than 75 miles and hour and nickel-size hail caused damage in several towns as a storm rolled through the state Friday afternoon.
The storm moved into the state just in time to slow rush hour traffic. Many towns are reporting downed power lines and trees blocking roads. Lightning reportedly struck a houses in Farmington and East Hartford.
As of 5:30 p.m., Farmington police said most roadways in town are blocked with downed trees and power lines. Residents are advised to remain at home or work and not attempt to drive in Farmington until further notice.
A power surge forced the UConn Medical Center to run on generator power, and a couple of windows at the facility were broken. No patients are OK, according to a spokesperson.
East Haven Police confirm that the headquarters itself was hit by lighting..."
... I think someone should change that before panic happens. That's all I'm sayin'.
-mollie
1 comment:
"Hmm...I could write "All patients are ok" ooorrrr I could write "No patients were injured" ooorrr I could create an unfortunate combo."
Post a Comment