Wednesday, December 02, 2009

random

Things that have been happening:

1) I got a 100% on a test last Tuesday!!!

2) I distributed letter-of-recommendation materials to professors on Tuesday!!!

2a) This means I'm applying to 7 programs. BAH!

3) I drove to Rexburg on Tuesday, with Nathan- a boy in my ward who was going to Blackfoot.

4) I stayed with Megan from Tuesday-Saturday.

5) We ate at Craigo's on Wednesday night. Yummmm.

6) We went to the arcade/fun zone place across the street from Megan and Chad's apartment, got stuck with an obnoxiously large group in black-light mini-golf, and played skee ball- my favorite! And I got one of those poppers (like the picture- crappy, but... you'd be surprised how hard it is to find a picture of those things), which I love! Oh it was a good night that brought out my inner 8 year old.

7) We spent about 30 minutes arguing and screaming about who had to put their hand in the business end of the turkey to get out the bag of guts and the neck. GAG.

8) The food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the mashed potatoes.

9) On Friday, Megan and I went to Idaho Falls, spent about 30 minutes in the mall realizing everything was more expensive there than online, and left empty-handed.

10) On Friday night, we went to a Rexburg town activity. Seriously. You bring a toy, they give you a glow stick and a hand stamp. You get free chili, cornbread, cookies, and hot cocoa, free horse-drawn carriage rides, and free pictures with Santa if you so desired (and there were a LOT of little children who so desired) all while being serenaded from a little live band that was sometimes good and sometimes not. Then they flipped the switch on the lights on main street, and everyone followed Santa to the tabernacle (secular and spiritual, together at last), for a talent show, which was pretty much a recital for all the local ballroom dance companies.

I must say, Rexburg surprised me. Despite the somewhat lame band and talent show, and the pitiful caroling down main street to the tabernacle, and Santa's anti-climactic drop-off in on the corner, and the crazy lady who kept breaking the touch barrier with us as we stood in line, it was a holiday-ee small-town kind of thing to do. Aww Rexburg. And, I want to reprimand my tongue for this word forcing its way out, but... maybe even, dare I say, "charming".

10a) Rexburg is absurdly cold. I kept telling Megan I didn't want to do things because it was too cold out. She said, "Mollie, you can't just not do things because it's cold. What, are you just gonna hibernate all winter?" Bingo! Yes. I would. If I lived in Rexburg I would never go anywhere from November-May.

11) On Saturday I took the shuttle back to Provo. It took 6 hours and a noticeable invasion of my personal bubble to get back here, but I did. And just for the record, Salt Lake Express, I did not get my complimentary snack or bottle of water.

12) I had tithing settlement on Sunday. Full-tithe payer. Boo yah.

13) I do not understand boys.

14) I found out that I will officially be Timpview High School's newest intern starting January- 25 hours a week. Exciting, but terrifying. (Note: Because of this, I won't get to TA again for Psych 304, which is lame, because I wanted to do both. This also means I have to give up Floral Design class.)

15) Tonight in the ward Christmas Party/Program, I played "Still, Still, Still" on flute with Ben (as previously mentioned in this post) on piano. I get really nervous playing, so that was lame, but it was fine. I'm glad Ben and I got to play together- it was fun. He's musical and all and that's nice.

16) I have the best coworkers ever. Seriously- some of my fellow PMs can make me happy on the worst of days, make me laugh and smile when I don't want to, and generally make the world a better place. When I think of "best" friends, I'd say about 90% of them are peer mentors. Oh how I love them. Thank you, Freshman Academy for the friends, if nothing else.

17) I haven't gone to bed on time the last two nights. Tonight is going to be the same. Blah.

18) Happy Birthday Dad! Erin already one-upped me with her post, so I'm not going to try to compete. Let's just say I'm your Cordelia.

19) On Friday I'm headed back to Rexburg. And Megan has warned me that it's going to be frigid- frigider (yes) than last weekend?! Is that possible?! If my spit freezes before it hits the ground, I'm not leaving the apartment/hotel room. Seriously- and Megan acted like hibernation was a completely irrational solution to the problem.

19a) Let's pray that Leonard survives the trip and the cold. Heck, let's pray that I survive the trip and the cold.

20) Only 6 more days of classes this semester.

21) 11:11- make a wish!

The End.

-mollie

2 comments:

ottspot said...

but do you remember what happened to Cordelia?

Ed Darrell said...

Then they flipped the switch on the lights on main street, and everyone followed Santa to the tabernacle (secular and spiritual, together at last), for a talent show, which was pretty much a recital for all the local ballroom dance companies.

Outside of Mormonia, that line would get a lot of attention. Do you have many readers who would be puzzled by it? Just curious.

BTW, I dropped by because someone made the Grand Tubes of the Internet think you had linked to my blog, so I came to see what the link was and what this blog is all about. I grew up in Pleasant Grove, so there's some fun reading here, for me.