Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5 days

That's it. Five days.

I was wondering how long it would take.

Today, at Timpview High, I came out of a meeting with the counseling department when I got stopped in the hall by [a woman I know I've been introduced to, but I can't remember her name] who told me I "better hurry. The bell just rang."

Ah yes. The joys of looking like I'm 14.


-mollie

p.s.- it's not like I looked like a scrub. I've been trying very hard to 1) dress professionally, 2) not carry a backpack, 3) stick to a counselor's side until people figure out I'm supposed to be there, and I'm not a student.

p.p.s.- I met the professor for my online religion class (we got bonus points for it) who started our conversation by saying "Well besides looking like Tina Fey, what else should I know about you?" Tina Fey does not look 14.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you look like Sarah Palin? Also I don't think a religion professor should even know who Tina Fey is - her stuff is usually a little "inappropriate", shall we say. But then, he probably knows who she is because of her parodying of Sarah Palin who I will hope is not his hero.

ottspot said...

Tina Fey. That is a new one. Looking 14...that is an old one. I apparently look like a 14 yr-old with gray hair. The best of both worlds.

Anonymous said...

Well enjoy it while you can. I had the same problem until suddenly I went from looking 14 to being asked if I got the senior discount when I was 38. I'm blaming that on the six kids that I gained between the ages of 25 and 34. Apparently, each child added about 10 years to my appearance.

Megan Busath said...

luckily, i have to wear a name tag so that if anyone says anything to me, i point to the name tag and look legit.