The Middletown Press has been posting pictures taken at most of the smaller local ceremonies, which is nice. I think the best picture I've seen, by far, comes from Hale Ray's graduation.

It features this cool kid who ripped off his robe after walking across the stage to reveal a cheerleader's skirt and bikini top. I don't know why he's only wearing one shoe, but maybe that was part of his plan.
First, I thought 1) Wow, his parents must be proud.
Then I thought 2) 20 years from now, his children will come across this picture and he'll say "Yep kids, I was awesome. I dressed in women's clothing and undressed on stage at my high school graduation! I EVEN cut a dress shirt at the collar to make everyone think I was dressed! So awesome!" I hope they are deeply, deeply embarrassed.
Then I thought, maybe there will be no children if 3) 10 years from now, every employer or potential significant other googles his name, finds this picture, and turns him down. "No, I'm sorry, you can't be the future father of my children. I don't want to pass those genes on." "No, I'm sorry, you can't work here- I'm afraid you might take 'casual Friday' to a new, uncomfortable level. Nevermind the fact that I'll always be wondering if you're wearing a bikini top and skirt under that suit jacket."
And THEN I thought 4) Look at the poor woman in the background, who is, no doubt, some school or town official.

She had been happily smiling away when the camera just so happened to capture the very moment when she realized what happened and can't hide her disgust. No doubt thinking, "If this is the future of America, God help us," while also quickly considering how hard it would be to revoke his diploma.
All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not this kid's parent, future employer/significant other, or child. And sometimes I wonder why I want to work in a high school.
1 comment:
Like there aren't plenty of girls out there who thought that was the funniest thing ever? Just think of the offspring resulting from the mix of this guy and the girl who thought it was so clever!
Post a Comment