Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Anniversaries

On this day a year ago, I could barely sleep from excitement about being accepted to Harvard for graduate school.

On this day this year, I spent my evening volunteering to make phone calls to the newly admitted students. It made me really happy. It reminded me of my BYU/FA days when we used to have phone marathons calling students. And it reminded me of last year when I got a call from a student, but I was still in shock and didn't answer.

Mmmm... that memory makes me so happy.

Oh and apparently I didn't tell anyone this, but last week I got my acceptance to my second year at Harvard to pursue a Certificate of Advanced Study in Counseling and get my license.

I am truly grateful to be going to school here.

Oh AND my friend Sanita from BYU, has an interview at a school in Boston, which means I get to see her for her (16 hour, fly-in, fly-out) visit the week after next. It's been more than two years, because she served a mission. And I'm sure excited.

So it's been a good day.

No comments: