Yesterday was rainy and miserable, so when I went to bed, I thought I'd check the weather. My roommates graduated today; mine isn't for another 10 days, so surely the weather will be nice by then. That's what I thought... until this:
The next five days:

And the next five days after that:

So maybe we'll get partly cloudy.
But really, Boston? Rain for 10 days (plus the last two)? REALLY?!?
That's all.
-mollie
p.s.- I had a dream this morning that I woke up at 7:30, in CT, and had to get to MHS. I'm supposed to be teaching three classes this morning, and there was no way to get here. I was all stressed out. So... waking up at 5:30 in my little Cambridge bed was less obnoxious than usual.
p.p.s.- as a "professional" woman, you know what I hate more than most other things?? PANTY HOSE!!!!
7 comments:
Go for those pant suits you like-no pantyhose necessary. That said, I'm glad you realize that bare legs are not professional.
What happens if rain is forecast for graduation? I thought they held graduation in Memorial Hall.
Seriously - nothing looks worse than bare legs in a "professional" setting, and yet I find myself part of the nylon-wearing minority.
Need I remind you that I spent 2 weeks in CT around Kyle's wedding and it rained EVERY SINGLE DAY...leading my husband to add "it always rains" to his list of reasons why New England is unacceptable. And yet he thinks Washington or Oregon would be ideal. And unfortunately your weather won't likely improve soon as our forecast is exactly the same as yours and it heads out to you after we have it.
mom-- apparently the undergrads get to graduate in memorial hall... we graduate outside under a tent. and everyone goes to commencement outside (uncovered) regardless of weather.
Seriously? Even if it's pouring rain they will hold commencement outside with no cover?
Mom, this is Harvard - you get what you pay for...what did you expect? A roof?
Post a Comment