Sunday, May 20, 2012

dream, dream, dream.

Last night I had a number of vivid dreams that made me feel super tired when I woke up.

One of those dreams involved all of my teeth falling out. I've had some variation of this dream a number of times in the last couple weeks, which is unusual. This time, it involved a fistfight with someone (at least I think so; those details are hazy). Then, I walked away and like a mouth full of slimy marbles, I realized all my teeth had gotten knocked out. I spit them all into my hand, all bloody. (My mind can still feel them jumbling around in my mouth, which is an unsettling and gross feeling.) Anyway. I spit them all out into my hand and when I looked at them, they were Runts candies.

So that's odd.




On the bright side, after you have a dream of all your teeth falling out, you become irrationally happy to slide your tongue across them when you wake up. All the sudden, you feel like king of the world because they're all still there. Maybe that's why it's a "classic" stress dream; maybe it's your mind trying to make you feel better when you're worried about something. Maybe it's like your own personal, "Hey cheer up! Things could be worse-- you could have no teeth!" Hah.

As it turns out, my recurring stress dream is not my teeth; it's that my mouth produces bubble gum and I can never get it all out/spit it all out. I hate that dream.

2 comments:

ottspot said...

I've had the teeth falling out dream too, but my most frequent one is that I need to dial 911 and no matter how many times I try I keep hitting the wrong numbers.

Megan Busath said...

Hahaha... bubblegum. That's just silly, Mollie.