Thursday, January 25, 2007

If I only had a -- quarter!

Hello!

It is yet another lovely thursday morning, and I am again gracing you with my presence from the computer lab in the SWKT where I spend thursdays from 9-11 am. If I was smart, I'd be studying, or reading one of the two books I brought with me for that purpose, but I am all about instant gratification, and writing on my blog seemed more gratifying to me than reading. (that's surprising, I know.)

Well anyway. So it's 9:15-ish in the morning. I had to get up at 7 this morning, and I was not happy about it. I hate getting up early in the morning. If the sun is not up yet, I shouldn't be either!!! I honestly don't know how I made it through high school-- going to bed in the early hours of the morning, and then getting up in the later (but still early) hours of the morning. In the dark. When I drove to seminary and passed all the people walking out to get their newspapers in their bathrobes. They still had two + hours of morning left, when I was officially starting my day. Oh the days of high school- that's a depressing thought. Sometimes I think I miss high school, and then I remember high school, and I think "Oh wait... take it back."

Anyway. So I had no intention of writing about high sch
ool when I started writing this entry, but that's the fun of my blog posts- you never know what I'm going to talk about next!! So... what I meant to say, is that I start my thursdays off the same way every week. I battle myself out of bed at 7 am. I take a shower, get dressed, leave my apartment by 7:40 to make sure I'm on time to class. I listen to my enya music on the way there, and I take a minute or two to look at the sunrise over the mountains. All in all, it's a rather peaceful experience-- minus the fact that it's at 8 am, and I grumble my way through the whole thing. Anyway. Then I go to Book of Mormon class, and then I leave the JSB and see Sean for a few minutes while he waits to go to his class at 9. And then he goes to class and I go to the SWKT, where I happily buy my breakfast from the vending machine and settle in for a good blogspot post to you all.

Everything was going fine this morning. Got to Book of Mormon on time (had to book it, but I made it). Somewhat enjoyed the class. Got out and talked to sean for about 10 minutes. Moseyed my way to the SWKT while trying to decide what breakfast item to purchase from the vending machine. Walked up the steps, into the vending machine room. Got out my ID card and swiped it contentedly as my mouth waters over the appetizing "store bought snack-cakes." My favorite. I go to push the code: E6. Just 80 cents for a 5 minute encounter with heavenly goodness. That's when I'm jolted out of my little morning bubble by a beeping noise. Why is my breakfast obnoxiously beeping at me?!


So apparently today, the people who run the SWKT vending machines decided they will not be accepting meal plan cards. "Fine." I thought. I get out my wallet. No cash. I check my change pocket-- 55 cents. But my blueberry-cheese puff pastry requires 80 cents. 80 cents?! Jeez, what, do they think I'm made of money?!? So I left, feeling somewhat annoyed, and more than a little discombobulated. What is my
thursday morning without a blueberry-cheese pastry?!? Totally meaningless!!

I knew I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning.


Ok, so I'm just kidding. About the "shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning" thing. But all other parts I'm quite serious about. So now I'm not quite as happy as I would be if I had my breakfast-- I'm writing to you on an empty stomach. Well, not totally empty, because I had 3 swedish fish in my pocket from yesterday, so I scarfed those down a little while ago. (NOTE: did you know swedish fish say "swedish" on them?! I always wondered where the name came from... but then, how rude! I don't see anyone plastering "white" signs to all of us caucasian BYU students... no one except weird al I guess.)

Anyway. Moving on. The point is, I'm starving! I'm practically famished! I'm losing weight by the second! I can feel my stomach begin to digest itself! Ok. None of those things are true. But I AM hungry.

Next item of business: I have a boyfriend (apparently) whose name is Sean. He is the son of the 1st counselor in the bishopric of my ward-- pretty exciting, I know. I will have to post a picture on here when I get back t
o my apartment. So if you read this, and it has no picture, it's because 1) I haven't been home yet today, and haven't had a chance to post it or 2) I got lazy and/or forgot. But anyway. This only developed a week ago, so don't feel too far out of the loop. It will be interesting to see how it goes, so I'll keep you posted. (literally! haha)

Also, my roommate nichole, from brigham city, utah, is leaving us on sunday. No, no, she's not dying or anything- she's just going back to her dear home and her dear family. I mean really- family over roommates?! Where are this girl's priorities!!!? Just kidding. She's going home to work for a while and then I think she plans on going to massage therapy school in the fall (while still living near BYU, so we'll see her!) and then I think she plans on coming back to BYU at some point after her year at massage therapy school (which will get her a degree... or a license I guess they call it.) So yes. She is moving out on Sunday, and we are all very heartbroken! It will be weird to only have 5 of us around-- we will miss her terribly. I have cried myself to sleep every night since I found out. Well, not really. But I AM sad. I told her she should just drive down every weekend to visit, so we don't feel so abandoned. I'm not sure she was really very fond of that idea.

But anyway. So Nichole is leaving. and we will miss her. Well, I'll speak for myself, and say that I will miss her. But I am happy that she has made a decision that will make her happy- being confused about life and being unhappy aren't exactly either of my two favorite things.

So yes.

Anyway. I will also post some pictures of me, katie, and nichole at our first men's basketball game of the season! It was a big deal, so we got all cutely dressed and went and saw BYU play... someone. I can't remember who! Nor can I remember if we won... Ok. So I was a little preoccupied that day. :P Preoccupied in a totally innocent way- don't get the wrong idea.

Anyway.



















So yes.

That's what I've been up to lately. I still have an hour and fifteen minutes to kill before my next class. I think I'm going to go make an appointment at the college advisement center so I can (maybe) get a few step
s closer to declaring a major and knowing what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Sounds like a worthy goal to me. So we'll see. Fortunately for me, the advisement center is about 50 feet away from the entrance to the room I'm sitting in now. So it shouldn't be too inconvenient!

How are all of you?! I suppose that's a silly question to ask, because I'm posting on MY blog, and it's not like you're going to post back with some long response about how you're doing. But... nonetheless, I will ask. How are you?! I hope you're doing well. Things in Utah have been crazy, but it sounds like things in CT have been a bit crazy too lately. I hope you all are getting by, and finding ways to be not-too-stressed-out! And just because I'm in UT doesn't mean I died, so don't forget to keep me informed. (:

Sorry my recent posts have been so long! But as I say in my information thing... just consider yourself well informed. (:

until again,
mollie


p.s.- yet again, this post doesn't have too much of substance in it. But, if I had started my day with a blueberry-cheese pastry, there's no telling what other things I would have been able to write about. Therefore, if you were bored with this entry, blame it on the vending machines of rm 125- SKWT.

No comments: