Sunday, March 23, 2008

pictures and random (not pineapple) tidbits

hello there--

I know-- it seems
so soon to be hearing from me again, but what can I say? I've got a lot of homework to avoid. It's mostly just the fact that I'm feeling like my advance effort isn't paying off, so I have no choice but to live in panic mode for meeting deadlines-- I seem to do better that way. Which stinks.

I only have a few things to say, but this time I have pictures, so hopefully if you get bored with the text, you'll at least have something to look at.

1) I have been writing about how my WS teacher is weird, but haven't been able to come up with a specific example, until about a week ago. We were talking about single-parent homes and how this affects children, and one of the girls raised her hand and said "I think my mom did a great job with us. And she used to say that it was lonelier to be in a marriage without love than to actually be alone." My WS professor interrupted her next sentence with "Oh yes, because your father walked out on you when you were two, so you must not remember much of him, if you don't mind my saying" and then she nervously laughed and the whole class was just kind of like "Holy crap I can't believe she just said that!" So I have been wondering if this is just my opinion, but this past week our professor was 10 minutes late so we were all sitting around talking and everyone seems to have the same opinion of her. She interrupts people, and always makes the discussion focus around her and if you're not saying something in line with what she's thinking, she'll cut you off and call on someone else. And she says random, uncomfortable things like "Oh yes, because your father walked out on you when you were two... if you don't mind my saying"...

2) Last Saturday, Erin and Bryce were going to dinner with some friends on the same day they had scheduled Will to go to an Easter party at my grandma's new assisted living place. So Erin asked me to take him, which I did. It was sad to see my grandma there, but Will had a blast. He is really funny around new kids, but once he got warmed up to the place, he didn't want to leave. He behaved himself very well through the egg-hunt and we got matching tattoos on our cheeks. It's sad that there aren't any pictures, although the nurses at the place took a few with Will, me and grandma. Maybe they'll circulate at some point. As I said, it was fun, but I am glad that I can give Will back at the end of the day.

3) After the Easter party, Erin and Bryce went out with those friends and left their kids (the baby had gone out with them earlier) and their friends' child with me. The friends' child Max was quite quiet (looks like a typo, but isn't!). So when Will started screaming as he is wont to do, Max started crying. In order to pick up Max, I had to put down Sawyer. Sawyer started crying. In order to calm Max down, I gave him one of Will's toys to play with and Will started crying. This happened three times throughout the couple hours and trying to hold all three of them at once wasn't working, though that's all they each wanted. Oh my goodness- it is at these times when I really notice my lack of a third arm.

4) My twin is getting married this summer, in case you haven't read it on her blog (which you can see by clicking on the side where it says "My sister Megan".) Does that mean we're growing up?! I hope not! I'm not ready yet! On the bright side, I get to be the maid of honor. No, Megan hasn't officially asked me, but I considered myself asked when we were born together. AND, it might mean I get to go home this summer, which wasn't originally going to happen. So that's happy.

5) I think I may have developed an allergy. I don't want to be allergic to things! I never have been before! But, for the past three days, I've had a runny nose with sneezes and watery eyes. Sounds like an allergy to me. Maybe it'll go away? I'm still holding out hope.

6) Today was Easter and we had Easter dinner (with Kyle and cousin Liz) at Erin's along with an egg hunt with Will. It was quite fun. Which reminds me! OH MY GOODNESS I LEFT MY EASTER BASKET AT ERIN'S!!!! SAD! I'll have to call her. Will stole my camera and captured the picture of Kyle with his mouth open and all. He also snapped one of me, which I refuse to post because it was hideous. Maybe someday when I feel more secure. :) Will got CARS tattoos which he shared with me. And the picture of Sawyer with the picture in it (follow?) well, the picture is of Erin when she was a baby. I'd say they look pretty similar. He's a cute little guy.

7) I have three quizzes and three papers to take/write this week for school and I think I might explode. :(

8) I went on a date last night-- bowling and smoothies and a movie. It was much fun.

8a) I just might be dating a boy named Kent. (yes Megan, I do feel like the pot calling the kettle black.) For anyone who's wondering what that is a reference to, Kent is almost 27. And I gave Megan a really hard time about dating (and now getting engaged to!) Chad who's almost 28. And yes, as it has been rumored, Kent has red hair.

9) I hope you're all having a lovely day/week. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 65 degrees out and I'm beyond excited. I think I am going to love the summer here, when the sun won't set until 9 o clock. Sunlight and I are good friends-- as long as he knows not to burn me. (Yes, I just made the sun a man.)

Much love and missing-ness to you all,
mollie
p.s.- I changed my background, so it should have a sunflower design on it (apparently some computers don't show it.) Anyway, if you want to view the pictures without weird sunflower-ness showing through, just click on them and they'll come up in their own window. Just FYI.

1 comment:

Megan Busath said...

that's it!? that's all i get?! ONE PARAGRAPH!??? "oh by the way -- let me just throw this in with the rest of my pineapple... my twin is getting married..."