Wednesday, February 11, 2009

when it rains...

IT POURS!!!

Hello there ladies and gentlemen.

I haven't been up to too much- just a couple tests this week that I should be studying for. And another one next week. I'm trying not to get stressed out about them, but being not-stressed has not provided me with a necessary catalyst for studying.

So... I'm just writing because my social life has suddenly become much more active! On Saturday of last week, I went to a London reunion party and got our group picture and said hello the professors and all. I got there late, and they were all standing in the entry way, and before I knew it, Dr. Benfell's wife was telling me to "Get together and smile!" and I had my very own picture taken with all three of the professors. I wondered if they did this to everyone else as they came in. Weird.

Anyway- moving on.

So over the weekend, Erin asked me if I could babysit for them this Friday because she has a dinner date thing with Bryce. I said I would because, after all, my Friday nights are open to do whatever I want, and I like them that way. So I just thought I could do them a favor. Then on Monday night a boy from my ward came over and asked me on a date-- for Friday. Of course, I told him I had babysitting plans, and then I told him "I would like to go though (to a comedy show)- maybe Saturday? Saturday just happens to be Valentine's Day..." He said he'd look into it. (He wanted to double date and had to ask the other kid.) I haven't heard back yet.

And then today at work, Tamanna came over and asked me if I wanted to go to Las Vegas this weekend with her and some of her girlfriends and a couple guys from her ward. This I totally want to do. But a) I'm not sure if I have money for it, and b) I have to babysit on Friday night and may have plans for Saturday night.

All this leads me to the conclusion: when it rains social engagements, it pours.

Boo.

-mollie

addendum: I have already decided I will not go to Las Vegas- apparently that was not clear in this post. Along with the babysitting and possible date, I also have two tests to take.


1 comment:

ottspot said...

Do they want you to drive to Vegas? Cuz that would be a bad plan. And I'm sure it would be more fun to babysit for us...obviously. Let me know asap what you decide to do!