Thursday, February 05, 2009

Why ME?!?

dearest and darlingest readers,

I don't have much to say, but I just wanted to write to say I went to the student health center last week for a Tb test so I could continue volunteering at the Utah State Hospital. I went back in on Monday and as it turns out, I'm positive for Tuberculosis.


Just Kidding! I'm not. But I was feeling a little left out of the loop of siblings who have weird medical conditions to report. Well, not really weird I suppose- since Kyle has some bad mono going on, and Megan's just got something growing on her hand.

Anyway- so I don't have any medical conditions to report. But I thought I'd stop in and write about my first test of this semester! It was my Abnormal Psych test, which I took yesterday at about 8 pm, after spending the day in class and with students, and writing two papers in 3 hours. (I slept well last night.)

So, the test was 50 multiple choice questions and then another 50 points in short answer or essay. I think I did fine on the essay, except for the fact that I didn't know the difference between maladaptive thoughts and cognitive distortions. But now I do- too little too late I guess. Anyway- that was not the point. I got 45 of the 50 points on the multiple choice.

We went to class today and the professors (two grad students) showed us a distribution of the test scores. 1 person got 50/50, 2 got 49/50, 1 got 48/50, 2 got 47/50, and then there was me at 45/50. So I was a little disappointed that 6 people scored higher than I did. And then the female grad student says "How many of you got an answer key with your test?"

... ummm... excuse me?

Apparently the testing center handed out answer keys with a certain number of tests, and no one knows why, or how many were handed out. 5 people said they got one. FIVE?! Ok, and that's just the ones that are willing to admit it?! SERIOUSLY?!?! 5 people took their test with an answer key, and I didn't? What kind of sucker am I?!

Although, I suppose I should have some confidence in them, because the five that said they did get an answer key said they returned it without looking at it, and I'm sure some of them were lying, but even if they were, they at least weren't stupid enough to get all the answers right because only 3 people got a 98-100% on the test. And, the professor said the student who got a 100% also got an answer key and has admitted to cheating, so they're "working something out".

But seriously??

I took my first test yesterday and 5 people who also took it had all the answers given to them. Where is my luck when I need it?!? This is also the sentiment I felt when I missed out on free Denny's on Tuesday morning. Seriously. (FYI, like my parents, I made my own grand slam at home, sans bacon and sausage).

Anyway.

until another overly-dramatic-complaining-about-the-injustice-of-the-world mood strikes me,
mollie



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wasn't nice Mollie. I'm just checking blogs before going to bed and already a little worried about Kyle's seemingly steady stream of health issues, along with Megan's hand problem and then I find out you have TB. Now I will have to wait to metabolize my latest surge of cortisol before I can go to sleep. (I learned from Sister Caldwell-Andrews about the cortisol thing in R.S. but maybe you learned it already in you psych classes) - doesn't matter that I went on to read you were lying. My cortisol already surged!

Megan Busath said...

So... someone got an answer key, used it to fill out their test and get a perfect 100% and all your professor says is "we're working something out?" ?! Shouldn't there be serious repercussions for that?!

This is why the honor code is kind of a joke.