Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer Days, Drifting Away...

to uh-oh those summer nights!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, I really need to be in bed.

Just for a quick update, here's what I've been up to :)

-went to the Utah County fair. I love fairs (as mentioned in my "Things I Love" post) ! I got to pet a sheep and eat junk food.

-ate and showered without power (as mentioned in my previous post).

-had my first rehearsal with students who will be performing in the play I had to "write" for our Freshman Academy pre-NSO meeting on Aug. 26.

-interviewed 2 Provo schools principals for a similar purpose.

-took Ashley Burton (my roommate from freshman year, who I love and miss dearly) to dinner at Chili's to celebrate her graduation from BYU. Got to catch up. Aww.

-went to a late night movie with friends from the ward. We saw "Angels and Demons"- which was a little gruesome (I had to keep covering my face and looking away), but I am surprised I liked it despite that.

-had Leonard return to me all patched up and as good as new. Ish.

-took the GRE

-went out with Erin, mom, Megan to see "Julie and Julia"

-went out with Erin, mom, Megan to Chili's for dinner and dessert. Yum.

-met with the professor I'm TA-ing for in the fall, and got genuinely and absurdly freaked out thinking about the idea of me teaching a lab section of 30 students once a week for 16 weeks. What was I thinking when I agreed to that?!?!

-played kickball in the park with Will and some coworkers

-brought Will back to my apartment because he wanted to see where I lived and "meet my friends".

-went to Sundance to see "The Fantasticks" which my brother-in-law's brother was performing in. (He was good- this is the second play we've seen him in, and he's doing one in Provo next)

-went to the "after party" for "The Fantasticks" because it was closing night, and previously mentioned distant relative was ever so kind enough to invite us.

-went up the canyon with a picnic, ate and made s'mores over a campfire!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I have been trying to squeeze every last ounce of fun and enjoyment out of my summer. It's been a good time!

It's pretty nice when mom comes to town- besides the fact that she takes the car. But she pays for things! And I get special treatment because I'm the unmarried daughter. So mom buys me snacks. Or lunch. And the married ones have to fend for themselves. Sometimes it pays to be single. Hah. I really wouldn't mind not being single, but that's a story for another day.

School starts a week from tomorrow! GAH! Senior year!

until again,
mollie



No comments: