I'm pretty sure I ate my last s'more of the summer over the weekend.
It was bittersweet. Well, not the s'more. That was very sweet.
I went camping with two wards of singles 25ish-30, and one of 30+. We went to a camp that the church owns in New Hampshire on Friday night. It was huge, and had cabins. Luckily, there was a brand new shower house right near the cabin we chose. The issue was it had two entrances, one labeled "Adults" and one labeled "Young Women." When we went to bed that night I said "Someone better change those signs so we know which is girls and which is boys." My comment was met with this response: "Oh the boys have a shower house down by the water front; both sides of this bathroom are just for girls." Ok, fine.
I got up on Saturday morning to take a shower. The Young Women side only had one shower, but the Adult side had four. The Adult side was full of girls getting ready, so I joined them and got in a shower. Apparently all the girls left while I was in there because I was toweling off when I heard a boy cough from one of the bathroom stalls. I threw on my shoes and grabbed all of my clothes and bolted out of there as fast as I could, hoping mr.bathroom-stall didn't see me. I went over to the "young women" side where the girls were and finished getting ready.
About ten minutes later, a boy came by asking which side was theirs. Someone suggested they label the adult side as "men" but then there was argument about the number of showers. So then it was determined that the "Adult" side would be "Women" and the "Young Women" side would be "Men". This is all confusing, but the point is, after running out of the side the boys thought was theirs, I ran into the other one, and then left my contacts when it was determined that I was indeed in the right side in the first place. I had to wait for a boy to come along to get them for me. Ugh. And people think I'm uptight and too detail-focused. But guess what? This whole thing could have been avoided if the bathroom was re-labeled on Friday night like I suggested!!!
Anyway. On Saturday we had breakfast, did a service project (well, about 30 people did- the rest of us stood around), had free time which was used practicing skits, ate lunch, competed in "ward olympics" where we had to cross a ropes course, transport people in a canoe, out to the middle of the lake, and then switch canoes mid-water and come back without falling in or sinking, play tag (eeww), and answer trivia questions. Then we ate dinner, and had our skit night. Our ward won.
All of this was fine and dandy until Saturday night when I dropped my toothbrush on the bathroom floor.
Yeah, there was absolutely NO way that was going back in my mouth.
One of my cabin-mates and I went to bed at a reasonable hour both nights, which I am grateful for. It was chilly at night- I was wearing two pairs of socks, leggings, pants, a long-sleeve shirt and sweatshirt in my sleeping bag. (my roommate let me borrow hers- thank you janna!) We got up this morning and had a testimony meeting by the lake and then cleaned and came home.
I went on search of a toothbrush, since that can't really be put off a day. Since when does a CVS-brand toothbrush cost $3.50?!?!
Really.
Well I guess that's a small price to pay for clean teeth. It works out to about 1 cent for every time you brush and I suppose it's worth a penny.
But $3.50?!?
-mollie
1 comment:
I'm sorry about the embarrassing moments!!! And your toothbrush (may it rest in peace).
Do you love your ward, though? They're apparently funny, if you won first place in skits :P
Post a Comment