Saturday, November 20, 2010

No Es

Hello to all my non-E people!

Seeing all your quiz results made me realize: No extroverts here! I'm not sure I'm really surprised...

While we're waiting for Mike, who probably won't do it anyway, anyone want to guess mine?

Oh and in case you didn't catch it after you were done, the quiz categorizes you like this:
I vs. E (introvert vs extrovert)
S vs. N (sensing vs. intuiting)
T vs. F (thinking vs. feeling)
J vs. P (judging vs. perceiving)

And yes, Erin, it's based on the MBTI which is expensive and long.

-mollie

p.s.- For mom, here's the quick version of what things mean.

E/I depends on the question, "Where do you prefer to focus your attention?"
E = attuned to external environment, prefer to communicate by talking, learn best through doing and discussing, breadth of interests, tend to speak first and reflect later, sociable and expressive, take initiative in work and relationships
I = drawn to their inner world, prefer to communicate by writing, learn best by reflection, depth of interest, tend to reflect before acting or speaking, private and contained, focus readily

S/N depends on the question, "How do you take in information and find out about things?"
S = focused on what is real and actual, value practical applications, factual and concrete, notice details, observe and remember sequentially, present-oriented, want information step-by-step, trust their experience
N = focus on big pictures, value imaginative thought, abstract and theoretical, see patterns and meanings, future-oriented, trust inspiration

T/F depends on the question, "How do you make decisions?"
T = analytical, logical problem-solvers, use cause-and-effect reasoning, "tough-minded", strive for objective truth, reasonable, fair
F = sympathetic, assess impact on people, guided by personal values, tender-hearted, strive for harmony and validation, compassionate, accepting

J/P depends on the question, "How do your orient yourself towards the outer world?"
J = schedule, organized, systematic, methodical, planning, like closure, like having things decided, avoid last-minute stresses
P = spontaneous, open-ended, casual, flexible, adaptable, like things loose and open to change, feel energized by last-minute pressures

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure I get the distinction between intuiting and sensing and judging and perceiving.