Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Haunting: Basketball Girl and Bambi

hello everyone!

I am entirely convinced that the title of this entry should be the title of the sequel to the original movie. Don't you agree?!

I don't suppose I have much to say, even though I haven't written in a week or so. Hmmm let me think. OH! So last thursday, I went to my "intro to the psych major" class and there, in the row ahead of me, was one of the crazy basketball girls from the night before!!! it was somewhat awkward and I hoped she didn't see me. But then I thought she probably wouldn't recognize me- after all, I like to think I look much better when I've gotten dressed for the day than I do dressed for a game of basketball. Maybe that's just me.

But anyway. Then on Saturday, Katie and I were getting ready to go to the basketball game. I can't remember why I was running behind schedule. Oh YES! I remember! Ok. So... I wanted to make this macaroni and cheese for lunch. But it was Stouffers, and therefore required baking time. So I took it out after I had patiently waited for the maximum suggested cooking time to pass. I carefully stirred it around. My mouth could already anticipate the taste and I was very excited. I brought the fork to my mouth, ready for the yumminess to hit me. Let's just say my taste buds (more accurately, my papillae. [this knowledge brought to you by Psych 111]) were surprised when the noodle that had activated them was stone cold. I think my taste buds were even scared out of tasting. But anyway. So I got impatient and shoved it into the microwave and decided I should have just started there in the first place.

So it took me about 10 extra minutes to eat. I was running late, and I felt bad. I rushed to get ready and then I told Katie I just needed to put on my shoes and I'd be ready to go. She sat down at her computer: "Oh. Well I think I'm going to finish this page of my paper before I go, so don't rush." Hmmm ok. And then there's a knock on the back door, and Katie goes to open it, and then there's some type of squeal in the hallway and as I exited my bedroom, I knew what the scene was: Nichole was here to visit!

It was very exciting. So Nichole came to the game with us. BYU won, by the way. And then we went back to the apartment and watched a movie and then Nichole took us out for a late night trip to Wendy's. It was lovely. I forget sometimes how much I miss french fries, but I suppose I'm better off for it. But anyway.

So then on Sunday I got up and took a shower in luke-warm water. I don't know how I manage it, but I have yet to take a HOT shower on sunday morning. Anyway. Then off to church. Sean (the boy I'm dating) sported a mohawk to church. Apparently someone paid him $50 to do it. Enough said.

After church, we went back to our apartment and everyone went to choir practice and I helped Nichole make dinner. I mashed the potatoes! She made deer burgers, except without buns and stuff. So mostly it was just deer meat, in burger form. But it was yummy. I've never eaten deer, and I'm trying to get over the mental image of Bambi's mother being shot in the forest after which Bambi goes frantically and devastated-ly jumping around trying to find her. It kept popping into my head while trying to enjoy the meal, and every once in a while it makes an appearance when I'm off doing random things. Poor Bambi, whose mother I ate last sunday. Please forgive me! In my defense... ok, I don't really have a defense. And if you're reading this and thinking "All meat comes from some living animal that had to be killed" I know, you're right. But somehow deer are different. I mean... they're the main characters of a disney movie. To tell the truth, I never quite felt totally guilt-free about chicken, either-- after seeing Chicken Run. Poor Edwina.

Anyway. So that was sunday. Nichole went over to the boys' apartment to watch the super bowl and I believe I stayed home in my room and did nothing like the true bum that I am. I have a political science test this weekend, and I was supposed to have a Music test, but it got rescheduled because the professor said he's a little behind in his lecture sequence. Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles!

On Tuesday I went to my 8 o clock class and babysat will for two hours, went with Katie down to lower side of campus to look at apartments, ate lunch at Brick Oven, then walked back to meet will again. He was asleep, so I brought him up to our apartment and laid him on my bed. I was exhausted, so it worked out, because I got to take a nap with him. It was really cute. He woke up once all bleary-eyed, saw that I was with him, turned around, and then wiggled/shoved his little butt into my stomach- he was apparently "backing in", because then he laid down and kept pushing himself backwards till he was right up next to me and then he fell asleep. It was cute. Awwww. He and I slept for 1.5 hours and then when he woke up, he rolled over and sat up and looked at me, and then just threw himself on top of me and giggled-- giving me what I assume to be a 19-month-old's version of a hug. Awwww.

anyway. So then Erin picked us up and went to Glenwood to look at apartments there. But we got there 8 minutes after their office closed. So then yesterday, I went to class, and then met Katie in my hour break when we booked it over to Glenwood. We walked into the office, and guess who was sitting there at the desk?!?! The CRAZY BASKETBALL GIRL from the game. the same one who's in my psych class. Oh boy. But she was nice, so I decided to forgive her for mercilessly kicking our butts in the game. She showed us her apartment, and Katie liked them better, so we signed contracts, and then came back to campus for the rest of our classes. Yup-- looks like I will be a Glenwood resident next year.

Anyway. So that has been my week. It has been one of the longest weeks ever! The days are going by quickly, but the time in those days goes really slow. In other news, I'm applying for a job for next year, and I declared myself a psychology major on Monday... which was really a silly thing to do, because on Wednesday I realized that I still really don't know what I want to do. But anyway.

I can't think of anything else important to tell you. Well, scratch that- because pretty much none of this was important. I'll rephrase that and say I can't think of anything (important or otherwise) to tell you all.

I know- I'm a typing fiend. One day I WILL "curb my enthusiasm". (Wasn't that a TV show of some sort?)

-mollie

p.s.- I HAVE PICTURES I'VE BEEN WANTING TO PUT ON HERE, BUT THEY'RE AT MY APARTMENT ON MY COMPUTER. WAAH!

No comments: