whoa-- where have all these posts been coming from all of a sudden?!?!
i don't know!
anyway. so today is valentine's day... well, it's over in the eastern and central time zones, but in UT, there's still 10 more minutes to it. i hope you all enjoyed it. last year i had pictures to document certain things, but this year, not so. oh well. you'll just have to believe that i got some cute valentines. oh gosh-- and there's one that you really should see. a coworker of mine printed out pages from a Mr. T coloring book (can you believe they make such a thing??) and wrote odd things inside. Mine was a picture of Mr. T watering flowers. On the inside, it said "These flowers are going to need a lot of watering to look even 1/3 as good as you. Happy Valentine's Day from Mr. T and Jason."
It was pretty hilarious. Almost the best part of my day.
I was laying in bed this morning, kind of tired. I don't know how I used to get by in high school on like 4 hours of sleep. Seriously. Because now I feel like I'm going to die if I get less than 7. Anyway. Back to the point. I set my alarm for 6:55 and woke up this morning at 6:45 and tried to make myself go back to sleep. It worked, and I was in the middle of a dream when I thought "Hmmm this has been a long 10 minutes. I should wake up and see what time it is." And then I dreamt (that's not a word??... I'm too lazy to figure out what spelling will make the red squiggly line go away...) that I DID roll over and check out my alarm clock. and then about five minutes later i thought "wait, i'm still asleep. wake up!" so i woke up, rolled over, and grabbed my phone. it said 7:15. I have a class at 8. I couldn't figure out why my alarm didn't go off. Just because I set it for pm and not am... sheesh that's no reason to not read my mind and figure out no one would need an alarm set for 6:55 PM!
I showered like a mad woman (...I don't know how mad women shower, and you probably don't either, so that's probably not a great simile...) and then threw my clothes together (and put them on) and ran out the door. I got to class 2 minutes late, but my professor was 5 minutes late, so there.
We got a lot of snow last night, as I already lamented in my previous entry.
I went to the office and had my biweekly interview with Sharon to see how things are going. I went to peer mentor meeting at 11. We had a pizza party for reaching 75% on interviews with students. Hurrah!!! Hopefully I'll be able to get in my last 3. I want to see them, but apparently they don't want to see me. Then we all just hung around and talked about office-ee things and it was a good morning.
I went to Jamba Juice and ordered "strawberry shortcake"-- one of their secret flavors. I was just talking to Kent and Kyle and Erin about this. Jamba Juice has secret flavors. But I've always been too afraid to order them because I feel like I'm in the Mafia or doing a drug deal or something. But I finally just went up and asked, all casual-like, "Do you guys make the Strawberry Shortcake?" and she said yes. It was pretty good, but I don't think I'll order it again unless I get a weird craving. It's probably 100% sugar, but oh well.
Went to my sister's for a while-- ate chocolate and cookies. Had pizza for dinner. (Her and her husband celebrate a couple days after Valentine's Day so it's not ridiculously busy...) Saw my brother. Played with will. Will is so cute! I don't know how many times I can say that, but I haven't reached my capacity yet. He's SO CUTE. I love him. I said "Will, will you be my valentine?" and he said "Ok Mawwee, I'll be your Valentine for Happy Valentine's Day!" You can always count on two year olds for things like that...
Wrote a paper. Thought I had two papers due tomorrow, but it turns out only one! HURRAH! Of course, that means I'll be writing the other one (along with doing a ton of catch-up work) over the weekend, but I'm all about instant gratification (ok, not "all" about, but... ) so I'm excited about it.
Have to take a test on Saturday. Boo.
I had a whole entry planned about various life observations I've made for the day, but I can't remember most of them and I'm getting tired so I'm going to end this and get off to bed, which is ok because it has already gotten pretty long.
So this was basically a nothing update.
Eh, whatever. It's my blog.
-mollie
No comments:
Post a Comment