Wednesday, February 13, 2008

things that are white

so I haven't written in a while and thought I'd offer a little update.

Not much is happening. In two weeks the semester will be half over and I'm excited for that, except almost not because I don't know what I'm doing when this semester ends.

I've been thinking a lot (I know-- if you know me, you're thinking "what else is new?") but this time about something in particular. I have recently decided when I "grow up", I want to own a dalmatian puppy. named dottie. and I want it to look something like the picture I posted.
I love dalmatians-- I have since I was like 5. I think they're adorable. And as I've grown older, I have decided it was one of the best decisions God made on that 6th day. And I think it shows God must have some fashion sense. I mean really, a dog with natural polka dots. How could I not love it? (again, if you know me, you know this is a fashion preference of mine...) Dalmatians are so... classic? And I'm kind of like that. I go for things that are "classic". Traditional. I don't know. Whatever. The point was, I want a dalmatian p
uppy named Dottie.
I've been thinking about dalmatians because I have a dalmatian poster and stuffed animal in my apartment here (yes, I do. Judge me.) and I've just always loved them. And then when I was at my sister's the other night, she was talking about a freckle that had recently developed on my nephew's face and said she thought it was going to be a mole but that they just have to wait and see. I said "It's like watching a dalmatian get its spots." and then I looked up pictures of dalmatians on google to have a little feel good moment because I love them so, and then I decided I'm going to have one when I grow up.

And now you know the whole twisted complete thought process. And no, I don't have that much free
time on my hands. there were plenty of things I should have been doing.

I've been spending a lot of time at my sister's, which has been nice. It gets me away from my apartment and I get to play with adorable (albeit extremely frustrating at times) Will and hold adorable Sawyer. Sawyer's growing on me. He wasn't much fun when he only slept and cried and spit up. But now he's awake a lot and rolling around on the floor and giggling and I like him. :P

The other night I was at Erin's and Will was snuggling on the couch, winding down and getting ready for bed. We we
re watching "Dora" (The Explorer) and Will was cuddled up on my lap under a blanket. I couldn't see his face, but he hadn't spoken in a while, so I thought he maybe hopefully had fallen asleep. We sat there for a few minutes longer and he didn't make a sound, so I thought it was pretty likely that he was asleep and laid back to relax and wait for the energy to accumulate to pick him up and bring him up to bed when Will's little voice broke the silence: "I peed."

....

Wow. I almost freaked out and then remembered he was wearing a diaper and then laughed. And that was it-- those two words and then he was quiet for another five minutes or so. It was just like "Oh, I want you to know..." He said it completely dead-pan, like a newscast or something. Just offering the "breaking news" I guess.

He's so cute.

Weird sometimes, but cute.



Anyway.

I think that's about it. The past two days, it got up to 50 degrees here. FIFTY! That's like... warm! I was so excited!! Until I went to bed last night to the newscast that said "Tomorrow we'll be expecting a winter storm that will get pretty messy. We should be getting about 1-5"."

1-5 inches?! That's a lot! ):

now, let me explain a little bit about snow. First of all, I like snow. I really do. I get excited about the first snow of the year. I like to play in it. But I don't like to walk in it after it's already snowed like 4' this season. I have classified snow into two categories and I specifically like "friendly snow", as opposed to mean snow. Friendly or nice snow is when the sky just kind of glosses over and slowly, one by one, big fluffy flakes float down everywhere until you're walking in a pretty winter wonderland. It's pretty. It's nice. Mean snow is... mean. It's when dark snow clouds usurp your blue skies and all of a sudden, little flakes are flying everywhere-- in your eyes and into your coat and they're cold!

I've posted a couple pictures to show what I mean-- I hope from my descriptions you can decide which is friendly and which is mean.

Alright. Well, I've sufficiently bored myself with posting here, which means you're probably tres ennuye (accent aigu).

Oh, and I suppose I should say Happy Valentine's Day.
Maybe I'll post again tomorrow-- who knows? I'm really just full of surprises...

Keep yourselves warm and cozy.

-mollie



p.s.- in case you didn't catch on, "things that are white": newborn dalmatian puppies, snow, me.





No comments: