On Friday, I had to stay on campus late and take a test for Psychological Testing (ironic?). It was lame. But I got a 95% on the test, so I'm happy.
On Saturday, it was doing this all day, so I had a limited range of travel. I spent the day running errands, studying a bit, and going to the Bean Museum* with Erin and being Will's Valentine (which is exhausting by the way). I also got a package in the mail from mom with classic Dickerson sugar cookies!!! :) Erin gave me a bag of Valentine's Day presents, which was really exciting. Although, as I told her, if you're thinking I was all "woe-is-me" because I was single on Valentine's Day, I wasn't. Wasn't "woe-is-me" that is. Anyway- my point is, I do not really like Valentine's Day as a holiday. I think I will like it when I'm married, or maybe engaged, but when you're just dating someone, I think it's an awkward holiday where you have to find a way to confess your undying love for each other, wondering if you'll break up in the next month. If you're going to do Valentine's Day while dating someone, I suggest perishable items. That way there's no long-lasting evidence of the holiday. Now that I've given you this, we can move on. So, my point was, I was really quite happy to be unattached on Valentine's Day- it saved me the stress of trying to find a sufficiently manly but still ridiculously mushy card/gift, and from having to accept a ridiculously mushy card/gift from whoever I was dating.
Anyway- so, after all that, I came home and got ready for a date. Yes, I had a date, with a boy in my ward. We went to Divine Comedy and came back to my apartment and made this (because he went on his mission to Korea) which was surprisingly pretty good. (It was like little fried dough pancakes, with cinnamon-sugaree goo in the middle). I have actually been having a craving for them.
And then I had to get up for church on Sunday. That was not so fun. I forgot what it was like to stay up late- my body is now used to having a set bedtime and getting 8 hours of sleep, so only getting 6ish made me pretty cranky.
Then I had to go to Ward Council. Which displaced my nap, which made me even more cranky.
I came home and made lunch, slept for a while, and did some homework. The aforementioned date came over again and brought me some Korean soup he made. It had fermented cabbage, tuna, onions, and red pepper flakes in it, and looked somewhat like this. Need I comment on whether or not I liked it? (It was very nice of him to bring it over, but I'm just really not into spicy exotic foods, or anything fermented, with fish. I like to play it safe with things that are going to be in my stomach, thank you very much.)
I went to bed somewhat early that night because I was so tired. Then on Monday I got up and went shopping with Erin, where I may have purchased 6 new clothing articles for $30 from this place. (I can't help myself! I think I get it from mom!**) And then we ate lunch at this restaurant, and then I came home and did homework and studied like crazy... maybe not like crazy. But I studied. I also went to this place, knowing all their Valentine's Day chocolate would be on sale and also knowing that I have a ravenous urge for chocolate most of the time, and bought me one of these . I almost bought 2, but then I remembered that mom was coming out here, and she would probably be buying chocolate and bringing it to us, so I called and she had to confess to that exact thing. Hah- I spoiled her fun, but I knew it!
So I studied and read assignments for the rest of the day. I went to school today wearing one of my new shirts, which two people commented on, and then went and took another test in New Testament. I got a 97% on the MC- there's still about 30 points in short answer, so we'll see.
I have another test this week and an essay due on Friday. School is a pain in the butt right now! But only 8 more weeks left, and I'll be free for four months!!
In other news, a friend of mine said she wants to go to NYC this summer- I told her I might be going home for a vacation and she should come with me and we could go. It probably won't happen, but it would be fun. A coworker of mine said today that she wants me to go on a trip with her at the end of the semester. "To where?" I asked. "It doesn't matter. NYC, Arizona, somewhere that's not Provo before I go home". (She's from India.) Oh, IDEA! Maybe I could go to India to visit her over the summer! Just kidding mom and dad. I don't think I'll be going to India. But anyway- maybe I'll get out of Provo a bit- that would be nice!!
K, well, I'm done now.
-mollie
p.s.- I am just noticing that I wrote my last post about arachnophobia on Friday the 13th!!! How ironic.
*not a museum about legumes
**for the record, I have not purchased any articles of clothing since London, so I feel this was justified.
also, I do not know what the white square is right here ---->
3 comments:
I got a white square once when I tried to delete a picture. Couldn't ever git rid of it neither.
oh and you failed to mention bowling
BOWLING?!!!!
Post a Comment