Saturday, January 21, 2012

What I've Been Doing for 2 Years

Well, for my three or so devoted readers, I thought you might enjoy knowing what I'm learning. My program name is a little ambiguous, though most of you already know I will be a licensed school counselor at the end of the year. But in case you're wondering what types of things licensed school counselors have to know, here is a list of my coursework from the last two years...

Last Year:
-Risk and Resilience in Social Contexts from Birth to Young Adulthood: Strategies of Prevention and Intervention
-Childhood Trauma: Dynamics, Interventions, and Cross-Cultural Perspectives
-Pre-Practicum: Developmental Interventions for Adolescents in School and Community Settings: Frameworks for Counseling and Prevention
-Preventative and Developmental Group Counseling
-Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents
-Theories and Methods of Child/Adolescent Cognitive and Psychological Assessment
-Practicum: Developmental Interventions for Adolescents in School and Community Settings: Frameworks for Consultation, Leadership, and Systemic Change
-Moral Adults: Moral Children. (To teach, or not teach, morality/values/integrity in schools.)

This Year:
-Developmental Psychology: Psychology of Early Childhood
-Practicum 1 + 2: Theory, Practice, and Technique in working with Children, Adolescents, and Families
-Adolescent Literature
-Introduction to Educational Research
-Critical Issues in Special Education Policy and Practice
-Legal and Ethical Issues in Child Advocacy
-Issues of Diversity in Cross-Cultural Counseling and Advocacy
-Building Connections from School to Career

I don't know why Harvard insists on super long course names, but they do. And now you know.

(Classes for Spring semester start on Monday and I am blogging to avoid the reading, ok?)

No comments: