

Greetings all!
So not too much has been happening around here. Last week, I went to classes, and luckily only had two classes on friday, which was wonderful (instead of the usual 4). I got to come back to the dorm early and I just did some lazy things. On Thursday night, I got to bed really late, and then had to be up for a class at 10 on Friday. I had planned to get up on Friday and have a leisurely morning- shower, breakfast, (I have become a breakfast eater for the most part, since I got here... most ly because I never have to get up before 9 and eating at 6 never appealed to me) ANYway. So I had planned to get up and have a relaxed morning, study some for a quiz, and then go to class. Well, I was in bed, when I hear my roommate in the hall saying "Is Mollie up?" and then I bolt up in bed, look at the clock, and it says 9:20. GAH! So I had to rush to throw on some clothes and walk the 20 minute walk to class. (And 20 minutes is if I hurry). It was anything but the relaxing and leisurely morning I had planned. As a matter of fact, it was very stressful and made the rest of the day kind of crazy. I went to American Heritage and took the quiz and did less than good on it, but took comfort in the fact that you can take the quiz as many times as you need to online, as long as you get a passing grade at some point.
So after my classes I came home and took a shower and then was lazy for a while. Then I called maintenance and requested a bed fixer to come to my rescue. When I moved in at the end of August, the front legs of my bed were broken... the only thing keeping them in a 90 d

egree angle to the floor was the wall... if I pulled the bed away from the wall, and pushed on the bed, the front legs collapsed underneath and the front end would fall down. Essentially, the bed frame was just resting on top of legs that were supposed to be attached but weren't. It was kind of disconcerting. My dad told me to call maintenance, which I obediently did, but they came while I was at class and didn't fix it.

So I finally got around to calling again. Two boys showed up about 15 minutes later. (What service!) and I led them down the hall to my bedroom where I had prepared for the grand demonstration by pulling the bed about a foot away from the wall. I walked in and said "This is the problem" and pushed the end of the bed, and the front end fell down to the floor. "Well, yeah, I guess that's a problem" said one of the boys. (Now the idea of boys in our room is kind of weird because boys are NOT allowed in our rooms in any circumstance at any other time... they're allowed in our kitchen/living area, but never in our bedrooms or bathroom... so it was weird to be standing in my bedroom with two stranger boys.) Well anyway, they took my b
ed away and brought me a new one and that was that. Well, there's more to it, but I won't post it. Hahaha. (o;
Then we went to the BYU women's volleyball game, which was really great and really bad all at once. Besides the fact that BYU lost. But we did get some pictures, including one of us with the President of BYU... kind of exciting... moreso for us than for him probably. Then on Saturday, I went to Footloose at the local theatre with my sisters, mom, and grandma. It was good. Megan and I laughed pretty much the whole time at various different occurrences. Then we went to dinner with the family, and then we went to my grandma's and awaited the return of my mom from the airport because she had gone to pick up my dad. After Dad arrived, Megan had some BYU-Idaho boys (one was the one that drove her down here) pick us up and we went to the house of one of them and watched a movie. ... yeah. Then megan and I got dropped off at my dorm and she spent the night in my room with me because my roommate was out of town. (o:
Then, on Sunday, we got up and went to a picnic in the canyons in the mountains with all the family members that are out here. It was a really pretty day and the leaves were fairly colorful (though not like CT) so I took a ton of pictures. (I have posted some). Then I did some
homework and megan left, and my parents left. I forgot to mention my dad came from CT bearing gifts! I had requested some forgotten items that he brought for me, namely a prom dress (to wear to homecoming and/or the freshmen ball... assuming I get a date), my psychology and physics notebooks from high school (which I am incredibly grateful to have), my red granite heart bookends (which have livened up my shelf a bit), and some other odds and ends. I was excited.Anyway. so then last night I was really hating the idea of doing my homework, and we were all talking about our homes and h
ow far away christmas was, so I decided to make a paper chain. We now have a paper-chain garland hanging in our kitchen... commemorating
the 81 days left until christmas break. It makes the kitchen more cheery and it gives us some fun in our homesickness. I was going to make a chain of 12 for the number of weeks, but it is much more satisfying to rip off a link every day.Anyway. So that's about the extent of the fun that's been happening here. I have to take a physical science test tomorrow. I have been studying for 3 hours and I studying the book, my notes, and my high school notes, so I'm hoping I do ok. I have never studied that much for a test before in my life... and it wasn't because I didn't know the stuff, it was just because I wanted to reread the 9 chapters to make sure I didn't miss anything.
So I'll keep you posted on that.

Have a lovely week.
Until again,
mollie


No comments:
Post a Comment