Update from my little world:
1) work at the University Advisement Center is crazily busy- at least it was today. Fastest 8 hr day I've had in a long time. I got an office (my very own office!!!!) and met with students in person and on the phone with no breaks except to eat lunch for half an hour. And I absolutely loved it. I think I found my calling in life... :) Two more days of my office in the UAC before moving back to the good ol' FA office. (FA loaned two of us to the UAC to help with Freshman Registration which is happening July 13-15.)
2) I quickly did something with my hair today so I wouldn't walk into the UAC with wet hair, fresh from the shower. It took about 10 minutes, and it turned out dang good if I do say so myself. Pictures soon of course.
3) Spiders in the shower are the WORST spiders in the world. I think there is a special place in hell for them. You go to the trouble of checking the bathroom before going in, then get undressed and get into the shower, before finding one on the back of the shower curtain?!? There's no way to see them until you're IN the shower, and at that point you're defenseless and have nowhere to go. Gag.
4) I think I killed a centipede in my apartment this morning. Seriously. I thought centipedes were just the stuff of legend, until I saw one today, crawling across our carpet, in all its one-hundred-legged glory. It scared the living daylights out of me... just when I had semi-gotten used to spiders in the apartment, now centipedes?!? Also, do NOT google image search centipedes. It will make you jump and gasp in horror as I just did.
I bet you just googled it, didn't you? I warned you.
That is all.
-mollie
3 comments:
Then whatever you do, don't search for "giant african millipede."
I didn't, I only remember seeing them in a museum.
Look at this...you know you want to. http://www.noahsarkanimalshows.com/images/animals/mildred.jpg A friendly pet named Mildred.
I thought "Oh, it has "noahsark" in the URL, it must be something cute and fuzzy.
let me reenact what just happened when I clicked on that link...
****GGGGGAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!
followed by immediately x-ing the window.
Thanks a LOT Erin - i WILL NOT be googling "giant african millipede."
Post a Comment