Ok, so I've pretty much given up on the long posts. You'll just get what you get. Besides, short ones are better sometimes because you don't have to commit to multiple minutes to read them.
Also, who knew my last post would be so popular? I think 7 comments is a record here.
I'm just writing to tell you a story.
Last night I was at Erin's because they got home from their family reunion and Bryce was going to set off some fireworks with his cousins. I went and watched. I got home late- about 11. And then had to get ready for bed. My sleep schedule was all thrown off now (I try to get to bed by 10:30 so that I can get 8 hours of sleep and also have time to shower, take my time getting ready, and make/eat breakfast. It's a good system.) I usually take a Sunday nap, which is factored in, but yesterday I got awakened 6 times- SIX!- while I was trying to take a nap. I had been in bed for an hour when I just decided it wasn't going to happen. Anyway. I came home late, after not getting my nap, and I got ready for bed as fast as I could and then set my alarm.
My alarm is set for 6:50 M-F, so I left it. I woke up at 6:50 when the alarm went off, and reset a new alarm for 7:30 so I could get a little extra sleep- knowing this would cut out breakfast time.
I woke up again when the alarm went off at 7:30 and laid in bed for a few minutes after pushing "snooze" before forcing myself to get in the shower with the argument that I already got to sleep in, and if I didn't get up, I'd be late for work.
Ok, you're wondering why this all matters. Well, I got out of the shower after spending the time thinking about what I was going to wear so as to expedite the getting dressed process since I was already 40 minutes behind my regular schedule. I went to my room and turned on the radio (all part of the routine...) and there, right before my eyes, my clock said 7:33. WHAT?!
So then I spent the next hour trying to figure out how this could possibly be so. I checked my phone, and the alarm was set for 7:30 and hadn't gone off yet. Did I just imagine the alarm going off at 7:30? Did I wake up to some other noise and convince myself out of bed before realizing I had only been asleep an extra 10 minutes from the original alarm time?
I really have no idea how this happened, but I'm pretty sure I have officially time traveled. I think I deserve a Nobel Prize.
And now this post (and a surprise party for a boy in the ward) has caused me to be late getting to bed once again. Blah.
-mollie
p.s.- Also, I think I am going to take the plunge tomorrow and buy an external hard drive for $80 (I have $50 in gift cards that I can use, so it will really be like $30 out-of-pocket). I sent the information to Kyle and he said it looked fine, so I think I'm gonna go for it. It's pretty and red (bonus!). I'm just worried that my dear Toshiba laptop has been having some health problems (what with random error messages and such) and while I'm hoping very earnestly that he survives through my BYU graduation at least- He's only 4 years old for Pete's sake!- I'm afraid he's going to die. Which will be a tragedy. There will be sackcloth and ashes. But less so if I have everything backed up somewhere else. So purchase an external hard drive I shall.
8 comments:
How big is the external hard drive, and did you get your rolling pin back?
The hard drive was sold out when I went to buy one this morning, so it was a no go on what I thought I was getting. Also, no sign of the rolling pin. :(
Wait. Is this the rolling pin I gave you for Christmas that is AWOL? That was a nice rolling pin. How did it get away?
I KNOW that was a nice rolling pin!!!!!!!!!!!
One of my roommates' friends came over and asked if we had one that she could borrow. I was gonna say no and then decided I should be a nice person. That was Saturday. I'm afraid I'll never see it again.
This only reinforces my weariness of letting people borrow my stuff. GRRR.
I still have MY rolling pin...
You should go get it back before it enters the third dimension where my flower vase ended up!!!! :o(
3rd Dimension? Aren't we in the 3rd dimension?
okay 4th dimension
Post a Comment