ok...
So, about a month ago, I was rummaging through my stuff at Erin's house and decided I better take my checkbooks out of a box somewhere so I wouldn't need to come searching when I ran out (which was going to be soon). I had no idea where they were- just that they were in a box somewhere. I found them, after about 30 minutes of searching, and took two of them with me. I distinctly remember putting them in a box with my pots and pans that I was also getting out of storage.
When I got back to my apartment, I cleaned the pots and pans, and took the checkbooks to my room. I also distinctly remember thinking, "I don't want to have to search for these again. I will put them right here __________________________ so I'll be able to find them again."
This is all well and good, and I pride myself on being organized and planning ahead, but... the problem is, I'm drawing a blank on how to fill in the blank. That is, I HAVE NO UNEARTHLY IDEA WHERE THEY ARE!!!! I have searched high and low, under and over, in and out, and in all other prepositional ways possible.
And I ran out of checks last weekend, and I need to pay my gas bill.
lame.
2 comments:
kitchen cabinet? Hey we have the same blog background!
I can't imagine you would have put them in any public place so they must be in your room somewhere. At least you only have one room to search and not an entire house.
I have wasted two days trying to find the title to the Astro. I filled out a form to donate it to Habitat for Humanity. I just sign the title over to them and send it to them and they call and arrange to pick the van up. I found the titles to the Subaru, Corolla, Avalon, Sienna and Neon. The only one I can't find is the Astro. Very frustrating when I thought we could finally get it out of the yard. Dad thought he knew where it was. He said it was on the bookcase by the front door but it isn't. Apparently he put it there when he was trying to sell the van 2+ years ago. No doubt in an effort to declutter the living room, I moved it somewhere but who knows where. I usually put his papers on his desk or I file them in my desk if they look important but we can't find it anywhere. I think the van will be in the yard until it rusts into the ground.
In a happier story about finding things, I put on my Nauvoo apron yesterday and found $300 in the pocket! I guess Dad handed me money once when I was busy in the kitchen and I stuck it in my pocket and forgot about it. Goes to show how often I cook.
Post a Comment