So my sister (Erin- ok, most of you are siblings, I know) posted a whole page of pictures of New England in the Fall.
I am never quite as homesick as I am in the Fall. (Christmas makes me pretty homesick too, but it's different.) But I'm sorry- for those of you who just don't understand- Fall is beautiful in Connecticut, and New England in general. Utah has fall in it's own little way, as my sister said, but it's just not the same.

The weather of last week (not so much this week because it's a little chilly) made me want to be home picking and eating Golden Delicious apples off the tree at Lyman Orchards and wearing a sweater. It made me want to take a drive to the Granville General Store (seriously- you know I've got to be homesick to appreciate that drive...) and turn my nose up at extra sharp cheddar cheese as my dad eats it in little slabs in the car. It made me want to take pictures of pumpkins and drink apple cider. *Sigh* Oh how I love Fall in Connecticut.

And Erin's pictures did not help. So I'm blaming my bout of homesickness on her.
And then, I had this little tinge of awareness. At this time next year, I just might be home to see fall in CT. And I smiled.
2 comments:
Oh thank you thank you for posting those- it's the same for me with homesickness this time of year. There's NOTHING like a New England in the fall. :)
I saw it was snowing in Connecticut today! Anyway, you haven't posted in awhile, what's new?
Post a Comment