Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Word to the Wisdom Tooth

Please stop hurting me.

I am in an abusive relationship with one of my wisdom teeth. They've all done just fine growing in, if a little crooked, in the back of my mouth. But the last stubborn tooth to grow in is on the right bottom, and it insists on growing in a little more crooked than the others. It has been fine, hurting every now and then, but the last couple days, it's been hurting. I'm hoping it'll go away, because I'd rather not have emergency dental work done at this point.

But ever since Erin told me about her friend whose wisdom tooth grew in and broke her molars, I have been nervous.

So, tooth, please stop bothering me. I have been nothing but nice to you over the years, and I gave you all the growing room I could. Let's all get along please; all my other 31 have been just fine- why you gotta rock the boat?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do you have a break long enough for wisdom tooth removal? You'll probably want several days before you feel like being back to class.

Megan Busath said...

I had all four of mine taken out and was eating corn on the cob the next day!

Okay... not really. But be prepared. If you say you're getting you wisdom teeth taken out, you'll get wisdom teeth tales.

Megan Busath said...

Also, all my wisdom teeth came in fine except my bottom right. Since one had to go, they decided they all had go.

ottspot said...

Megan - Of course they did because that equals 4 times the money!

Meg said...

Oh that's so weird- I just started getting my first wisdom tooth growing in! It's strange to be teething at the same time as my baby. :) Haha. Are you going to get yours removed?