there was the word. And the word was with God.
Just kidding.
Hello!
So, contrary to my last post, I did get excited about seeing people in my classes, while sitting in them waiting for everyone to get there. I had anxiety about picking an outfit for the second day of school, and I did not sleep like a baby.
So I guess it all came later, though it wasn't there at first. I got excited about seeing people in my classes because a couple of my coworkers are psych majors and it turns out we're in a couple of the same classes! I also ran into people from my freshman and sophomore years- crazy, crazy. You wouldn't think that would happen at a school with 30,000+ undergrads, but it did!
My first day outfit was boring, and so was my second day outfit, but I didn't know what to wear this morning for some reason. You know those mornings when you get up and you just can't decide on what to wear? Surely I'm not the only one who has these mornings. I get an outfit in mind, put it on, decide something looks weird about it, try to think of something else, put that on, and the process continues. I think I changed some piece of my outfit about 6 times this morning. A little excessive, I know.
And I didn't sleep like a baby, but not because I was anxious. Because, as previously mentioned, I have a cold. And because, as not previously mentioned, someone in this neighborhood has a dog. That barks. A lot. And, I believe a big truck comes around and empties all the dumpsters in the area every morning at 3 am. Ok, it's not at 3 am. But I think it's pretty much at about 6 am and that's plenty early for a neighborhood of college students!!
So, in short, my first couple days have been long and tiring. Work is always really busy in the first couple weeks with getting to know the students and holding interviews and getting all the work done to set the routine for the rest of the semester. My classes seem interesting, but seem to have a lot of reading. I made a goal to do all my reading this semester. Maybe it's because I didn't quite do it all before, but it seems like there's a TON, all the time!
I'm taking Psych 321- Personality, Psych 341- Developmental Psych of Adolescents, Eng. 315- Writing in the Social Sciences, Rel 234- LDS Marriage and Family Relationships, and Eng. 201- Masterpieces of World Literature.
All the classes seem pretty good as far as content and professors, but I'm worried it's going to be a lot of work. But then, I suppose college is supposed to be a lot of work.
I have some pictures to post from NSO (I know, I said that before) and I have my camera out, but I'm too lazy to connect it to upload them, etc. It's getting late and I need to get to bed, especially because I'm trying to fight off this cold! I spent 10 hours on campus today. Yesterday I spent 11 hours on campus. Oy. Hopefully once I get into a good routine my days won't seem as long.
until again,
mollie
2 comments:
who is your religion professor?
kent brooks?
know him?
Post a Comment