Saturday, March 06, 2010

bits and pieces

1) I went to Wal-mart on Monday to get a leak in my tire fixed. It had been slowly leaking until last Saturday it looked noticeably low and when I measured the pressure, it really was low. I filled it with air and took it to walmart.

While there, I had to kill time grocery shopping. I brought a list with 4 items on it. I shopped for 1.5 hours and left with 25 items. I spent $50. But I definitely think I got more than I usually do at Macey's for $50. Hmmm.

When I went back to get the car, they told me there was no leak and charged me nothing. Well, I looked like a dumb girl who doesn't know anything about cars. But I guess it's good- I didn't have to pay for anything. Although, if there had been a leak, they said they'd fix it for free because the tires are on warranty. Anyway. So I did my grocery shopping there for nothing.

2) On Thursday night, there was the "Psych Idol" thing on campus. I didn't have anyone to go with, so I felt a little self-conscious, but it was absolutely 100% worth it to go (for free) and see all my psych professors (past and present) get up on stage and sing and dance to "Jump Around," after an introduction from a little Japanese professor who admitted that she loves rap music, and most of it is "too bad to play at BYU, but you have to remember I grew up in Japan, so the F word doesn't bother me." Oh man. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

3) I met with 25 students at THS this week, and by Friday afternoon, I was tired. Not to mention after THS I spend 2 hours a day making phone calls for Freshman Mentoring. So I got home and did not want to talk to anyone. I talk ALL day.

4) I went to a men's volleyball game against #1 Pepperdine last night with Tamanna. It was fun. We won the match in 4 games.

5) Yesterday one of the Denver girls sent me an email. Apparently we got another $115 deposited in our bank accounts because the travel advance was supposed to be $265 (don't know how they came up with that #) and we had only been given half of it, so the other half got deposited on Friday. That was pretty Awesome with a capital A. I want to go shopping with it, but I guess I will save it.

6) Today I've done laundry and cleaned my room and determined what is wrong with our broken vacuum (a broken belt). So the rest of my day is going to consist of some homework, visiting Erin, replacing a vacuum belt, and maybe going out later.

7) Yesterday when I paid my rent I found out our landlord has already sold our contracts for next year, without telling us. So here's really hoping that I get into a New England program. Although if I stay here, maybe I could move out of the 2 mile radius and see what I can find.

p.s. on that- I still haven't heard anything from any schools other than BYU.

And... the end.

No comments: