I wish I had taken a picture to document my excitement on Tuesday. Because I was absolutely walking on air. I was crying and shaking and laughing and dancing.
And now the reality of money is putting a damper on my ecstatic-ness. (Saying ecstasy makes me sound weird.) The pit of excitement in my stomach has turned into a pit of worry. The only thing worse than getting denied from Harvard would be to get accepted and not be able to go.
In related news, I filed a Harvard financial aid form on Thursday night. There is a whole page for students who graduated from certain schools, were born in certain places, or who have certain last names. Seriously?! Why couldn't I be a Baxendale or Downer from New Haven? I also filled out my FAFSA. Being a graduate student, the government will consider my income independent from my parents'. I have never been so happy to be so poor.
Now we wait to see if I get free money.
-mollie
p.s.- Thanks to Sean for taking me out to dinner on Tuesday to celebrate. Thanks to my sister for dropping off a massive box of jelly beans on Wednesday night when I was too tired to go out because I didn't sleep on Tuesday night. And thanks to my parents for sending me a wonderfully large package of Devil Dogs and Pick-Em-Ups, or Passion Flakies as they're called in some corners of the internet. Everyone knows the way to my heart is food. YUMMMMMMMM.
p.p.s.- I have come across a weird phenomenon of being embarrassed when people ask me if I've heard anything from graduate schools. I say yes, then they ask where. I get so embarrassed to say Harvard. Like, to the point of feeling so awkward that I kind of mumble it and then my face turns bright red. That's kinda strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment